Depending on your specific qualifications, you may be eligible for one of the following:
- Supervised Practice – | email
- Residency Training via:
– Provides graduates of medical schools outside Canada and the U.S. with access to Alberta postgraduate residency training in Family Medicine or Specialty disciplines.
– Works with the medical education community, medical schools and students to coordinate postgraduate medical training throughout Canada.
To be eligible for any Alberta medical practice permit, you must:
- provide evidence of
- have an acceptable medical or osteopathic degree
- be applying for or have completed appropriate postgraduate training*
- must meet all requirements of specific register
- provide us with a from every jurisdiction you have ever lived (90+ days) within 10 years of your application or dating back to your 18th birthday. We do not accept vulnerable sector checks.
*NOTE: Fellowship training, community service, public service, national service, Medical Officer posts and practice experience DO NOT satisfy the postgraduate training requirements.